Ever wonder how to prepare for your family photo shoot? There are several steps you can take to ensure your photos look their best.
- Choose outfits that match… but aren’t identical! Pick complementing patterns or colors that look great on everyone.
- Bring objects that have personal significance. Items include: a kitchen chair, books, framed pictures and quilts. Not only will they will help set you at ease, items like these will create memories for years to come!
- Think about posing ahead of time. Is there a particular angle or grouping you like? Saw something cute on Pinterest? Be sure to save these ideas and suggest them to your photographer.
- The camera doesn’t bite! The best photos are the ones you’re laughing in– so be yourself! Tell inside jokes, tickle each other and have normal conversations right in front of the camera.
- Get to know your photographer’s style. If you don’t like what you see on their website, don’t hire them! Your photographer will take pictures according to their style. Make sure you like what they do.